Found 113 results for 'anti-patterns'.
1) design-patterns - Singleton in go
2) database-design - EAV - is it really bad in all scenarios?
3) programming-practices - Should I refactor large functions that mostly consist of one regex?
4) database-design - EAV - is it really bad in all scenarios?
5) testing - Test cases do all the work through helper method -- bad practice?
6) design-patterns - What is this (anti?)pattern called? (or how to describe it)
7) c++ - Are utility classes with nothing but static members an anti-pattern in C++?
8) design-patterns - Is this a good service locator, and is this service locator pattern(?) OK?
9) interfaces - Use of interfaces to ease rapid development/prototypes
10) java - Good or bad practice to mask Java collections with meaningful class names?
11) design-patterns - Modular Database Structures
12) design-patterns - Is there a name for the (anti- ) pattern of passing parameters that will only be used several levels deep in the call chain?
13) design - Is there a named anti pattern for historically grown software?
14) java - Taming the 'utility functions' classes
15) bash - Counting lines or enumerating line numbers so I can loop over them - why is this an anti-pattern?
16) programming-practices - Is creating subclasses for specific instances a bad practice?
17) design-patterns - Using injection for services that contain only pure functions
18) class-design - What is this anti-pattern's name? (Specialization added directly to a general purpose utility component)
19) java - Is implementing an interface defined in a subpackage an anti-pattern?
20) object-oriented - Is ORM an Anti-Pattern?
21) python - Using python context managers instead of passing arguments: Is it an anti pattern?
22) code-smell - How to tackle a 'branched' arrow head anti-pattern?
23) design-patterns - What's the name of this pattern involving multiple inputs and what to do based on an input?
24) anti-patterns - What is the For-Case Antipattern?
25) svn - Is my company merging branches wrong?
26) java - is switch(this) antipattern or bad practice in Java for Enums?
27) code-smell - How to tackle a 'branched' arrow head anti-pattern?
28) code-smell - Passing an object into a method which changes the object, is it a common (anti-) pattern?
29) design-patterns - When can a design pattern make your software worse?
30) vb.net - Reference Passing Style Anti Pattern
31) java - Is modifying an incoming parameter an antipattern?
32) database - Anti-pattern? Storing JSON table in SQL table
33) design-patterns - Constructor-only subclasses: Is this an anti-pattern?
34) java - Why are data transfer objects (DTOs) an anti-pattern?
35) anti-patterns - Should I use Lua for writing config files?
36) anti-patterns - What is wrong with magic strings?
37) design-patterns - Is duplicating files to avoid programming branching a good or anti pattern?
38) design-patterns - What is priming the pump? Sometimes called a priming read
39) design-patterns - Rich Domain Model and ORM
40) architecture - CQRS+Event Sourcing as Top Level Architecture: Anti-Pattern
41) refactoring - Code maintenance: keeping a bad pattern when extending new code for being consistent, or not?
42) refactoring - Inverse of Extract Interface refactoring
43) code-reuse - Reinventing the wheel because it doesn't exist
44) design-patterns - Using a one-shot class to store not-quite-global variables
45) unit-testing - To load or not to load data for unit tests from external files
46) anti-patterns - Is there a name for the anti-pattern of having low-level components controlling higher-level ones?
47) design-patterns - Is this dependency propogation an anti-pattern, and how do I remove it?
48) design-patterns - Is this use of conditionals an anti-pattern?
49) design-patterns - Lookup pattern as a way of passing global references
50) terminology - Violation of the DRY Principle