Found 81 results for 'efficiency'.
1) algorithms - Fastest way to determine if a value is in a list?
2) database-design - Is it wasteful to create a new database table instead of using enum data type?
3) database-design - What is better for scalability for this specific dataset, MongoDB or MySQL?
4) database - Rails application - how to optimize/reduce database calls when iterating over a collection
5) web-development - Most efficient way to return results to a web page with a sorting algorithm
6) algorithms - How do I avoid having to compute square roots for every element in a data set?
7) programming-languages - Is Python Interpreted or Compiled?
8) python - Sort a list while putting together or after?
9) algorithms - What is the most efficient way to store this data?
10) algorithms - What is an efficient algorithm for randomly assigning a pool of objects to a parent using specific rules
11) c# - Least Change Problem with Thousands of Denominations
12) algorithms - Amortized Analysis? (Worst-case Performance Guarantees)
13) algorithms - How do we know if a problem is hardest in NP
14) design - When should code favour optimization over readability and ease-of-use?
15) database - Is there any reason to use varchar over text columns in a database?
16) c# - How to avoid calling String.Replace() in a loop?
17) php - Passing class names or objects?
18) efficiency - Efficient way to map changes in a filesystem hierarchy
19) efficiency - Why are (hexadecimal) hashed passwords/cookies/.. saved as strings in databases?
20) productivity - What is the biggest support a boss can give to his/her developers?
21) compiler - Why don't all languages have the same efficiency?
22) c# - Efficiency of C# dictionaries
23) productivity - Interrupting Work Productivity: The Name?
24) efficiency - Programming principles with regard to software (computational) efficiency and the use of variables
25) c# - Most efficient LINQ result for Contains() query
26) performance - How does Yahoo's Smush.It work and why doesn't everyone use it?
27) database - Write complex query OR write simpler queries and combine the results in Backend service?
28) functional-programming - Can a pure-functional solution to this problem be as clean as the imperative?
29) algorithms - Quick algorithm to find matches between two arrays
30) api-design - Representing a large list of complex objects in JSON
31) algorithms - Why are return values from compare functions in many languages defined loosely?
32) c# - Should I be using any algorithm to sort/find items, or use a language's built-in ways?
33) debugging - How to program something with the expectation that it will work the first time?
34) efficiency - Temporary Variables or Not: Choose CPU Time or RAM?
35) efficiency - How is it possible to have an efficient edit-compile-try cycle on large codebases?
36) design - How much logic can be put into an object-pooling factory class before it does more harm than good?
37) operating-systems - Are some operation system (kernels) more efficient with hardware than others?
39) language-agnostic - What is a good metric for guiding a switch from a prototyping language to a production language?
40) algorithms - Which way is more efficient for getting the space count?
41) multithreading - How many make threads to use?
42) efficiency - Efficiently computing and storing global state
43) algorithms - Is my reasoning to determine this algorithm's Big-O correct?
44) teamwork - Simplicity-efficiency tradeoff
45) efficiency - When trying to find out if a number is even or odd: AND 1 or OR 0
46) algorithms - When is a code considered tight and how does it increase efficiency of the code?
47) version-control - How can I estimate the lifespan of a line of code?
48) java - Wrapping simple statement in a function in java?
49) data-structures - Ordered data structure with efficient push, iteration and random pop/drain
50) java - Is try-finally expensive