Found 20 results for 'formal-methods'.
1) computability - To what extent can an algorithm predict the time complexity an arbitrary input program?
2) pl.programming-languages - Is it possible to compute whether two functions are extensional equal?
3) model-checking - Practical example: how to formally verify "file name" implementation from a spec?
4) pl.programming-languages - Verification: how 'formal' is a tool like Java Modeling Language (JML) compared to certified libraries and model checking?
5) reference-request - Step-indexing: Where to begin?
6) lo.logic - How to auto-derivate sequential iterative programs from a mathematical specification?
7) lo.logic - Are there any annotated formal verification systems for pure functional programming languages?
8) type-theory - Defining finite sets inductively in a proof assistant?
9) model-checking - Difference between CTMC, DTMC, and MDP
10) pl.programming-languages - Proofs techniques related to Curry–Howard correspondence
11) reference-request - Algebraic topology for termination proofs
12) lo.logic - Curriculum: Logical/Formal Methods in Security
13) lo.logic - Formal Methods Applied to Role-Based Security (RBAC)
14) program-verification - Lee's algorithm for synthesis of ranking functions in size-change termination proofs
15) requirements - How "Best" to capture State Transitions in a formal software requirements specification
16) reference-request - Describing state machines mathematically
17) unit-testing - Is "Unit testing" a form of formal method?
18) refactoring - is there a formal algebra method to analyze programs?
19) unit-testing - How can the `log` function be used for formal verification
20) unit-testing - What would help when refactoring a large method to ensure that I don't break anything?