Found 94 results for 'garbage-collection'.
2) c# - Proper use of the IDisposable interface
3) java - Is there a destructor for Java?
4) c++ - Why are reference-counting smart pointers so popular?
6) r - How to clean up R memory without the need to restart R session
7) java - Are Memory Leaks Possible in Java?
8) c# - How assertive should I be in handling exceptions in objects?
9) object-oriented-design - COM - with great power comes great responsibility, but at what cost? (looking for advice on coding practices when working with COM)
10) garbage-collection - Why Garbage Collection if smart pointers are there
11) c# - Do immutable objects that constantly change impact memory/performance?
12) .net - Low latency TCP sockets in .NET
13) language-agnostic - How does garbage collection work in languages which are natively compiled?
15) php - Make PHP sessions truly last until the browser closes, and regenerating session on page requests
16) c# - What optimizations can be done for soft real-time code in C#?
17) performance - High Performance Garbage Collection
18) java - Java String Pool with String constructor and the intern function
19) data - Why does Garbage Collection only sweep the heap?
20) c++ - Understanding the meaning of the term and the concept - RAII (Resource Acquisition is Initialization)
21) c++ - Starting a C++ project. Should I worry about freeing dynamic allocated memory?
22) programming-practices - Entry level engineer question regarding memory management
23) c++ - Memory management for fast message passing between threads in C++
24) google-chrome - Writing Chrome/V8 --trace-gc output to a file - stdout redirection does not work
25) garbage-collection - Managed code: could GC be taken care of during compile time?
26) c# - will having an event with subscribers prevent an object from being GC'ed?
27) garbage-collection - Objects or primitives as arguments
28) java - Stack and Heap memory in Java
29) java - Why aren't Java objects deleted immediately after they are no longer referenced?
31) language-agnostic - When is it a good idea to force garbage collection?
32) c# - How to properly clean up interop objects in C#
33) c# - GarbageCollector nullifying member fields?
34) .net - What's so wrong about using GC.Collect()?
35) algorithms - How does a garbage collector prevent the whole memory from being scanned on every collect?
36) java - Does it make sense to use the term "Space Leak" with regard to Java?
37) c++ - Understanding the meaning of the term and the concept - RAII (Resource Acquisition is Initialization)
38) php - why ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime',60) doesn't work?
39) pointers - Garbage collectors and pointers/ reference
40) java - What exactly is the Garbage Collector in Java?
41) java - In java, how can we destruct an instance of a class from a method within the class
42) java - Why did the team at LMAX use Java and design the architecture to avoid GC at all cost?
43) python - When should I worry about freeing objects from memory in Python?
44) java - How to cause soft references to be cleared in Java?
45) garbage-collection - Garbage collection virtual machine
46) garbage-collection - How does garbage collection compare to reference counting?
47) garbage-collection - Is there a need for garbage collection in a stack-based language?
48) android - android - GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 6346K, 7% free , paused 143ms, total 143ms
49) python - Python garbage collection giving me a hard time
50) java - Except garbage collector, what else makes Java a non real time programming language