Found 124 results for 'init'.
1) process - New parent process when the parent process dies
2) init - Can a zombie have orphans? Will the orphan children be disturbed by reaping the zombie?
3) linux - How to execute a command under Linux after booting without a TTY session?
4) process - Is there any UNIX variant on which a child process dies with its parent?
5) linux - What is the difference between "init" and "service manager"?
6) terminal - Orphan process's parent id is not 1 when parent process executed from GNOME Terminal
7) linux - What exactly does init do?
8) ubuntu - Process ownership automatically changes to init process on GCP Ubuntu 18.04LTS
9) python - issue with singleton python call two times __init__
10) debian - Standard or best way to keep alive process started by init.d
11) ubuntu - Init scripts per user
12) bash - start-stop-daemon works at command line but doesn't work in /etc/init.d script
13) linux - linux startup script not executing script in user's home directory
14) ubuntu - init.d script for OpenOffice / LibreOffice headless does not stop process
15) linux - LANG=C is in a number of the /etc/init.d/* scripts. What does LANG=C do and why do you need to set LANG=C.
16) centos - Can systemd and upstart coexist together on a Unix system?
17) linux - How can I find out what is causing init(8) to launch a process?
18) sudo - Running sudo commands in cloud-init script
19) files - Emacs, complete list of color "keys"
20) kernel - If computers start counting at 0, why does the init process have a pid of 1?
21) init - Linux - IPC with init
22) linux - What can make passing init=/path/to/program to the kernel not start program as init?
23) shell-script - Detect init system using the shell
24) arch-linux - Why does `init 0` result in "Excess Arguments" on Arch install?
25) process - How does systemd survive a kill -9?
26) linux-kernel - Linux kernel action upon init process exiting
27) debian - If systemd has replaced SystemV, why is it still there and who is running the show?
28) linux - When would you use pivot_root over switch_root?
29) systemd - Why does using the service command work on a systemd distro?
30) qemu - Qemu - substitute the init process
31) root - Can root kill init process?
32) linux - init process: ancestor of all processes?
33) linux - How does Linux operating system shut down?
34) linux - Converting /etc/init.d service to systemd
35) ubuntu - Issues with init script services - Ubuntu 12.10
36) gentoo - What effect does rc_sys="docker" have?
37) python - How to fix "Attempted relative import in non-package" even with __init__.py
38) python - What is the reason python needs __init__.py for packages?
39) kill - How can I kill a <defunct> process whose parent is init?
40) linux - What does "switching runlevel" mean exactly?
41) services - How to run init.d service under systemd without root auth (updated)
42) init - Are start parameter reused from /etc/init.d/XY restart?
43) boot - Understanding init script faults with sysctl
44) linux - Running Teamspeak server at startup and shutting down teamspeak at shutdown
45) scripting - Weird init script issue with corosync
46) daemon - Init script does not create a PID file
47) linux - init.d not executing stop command on reboot
48) gnu-screen - Make screen start as Daemon for a Minecraft server
49) ubuntu - Ubuntu upstart script for tracd hangs on start/stop
50) linux - How do I debug an upstart job?