Found 94 results for 'job-control'.
1) process - Change the parent process of a process?
2) linux - Can you screen a running programme?
3) linux - Can you screen a running programme?
4) bash - Clarification for Bash documentation on disown builtin option -h
5) ssh - How can I disown a running process and associate it to a new screen shell?
6) bash - Killing jobs started within functions
7) shell - Difference between nohup, disown and &
8) linux - job control and ssh
9) bash - Make background jobs available in parent shell
10) linux - Difference between foreground job and background job
11) session - What is the purpose of abstractions, session, session leader and process groups?
12) bash - Why is subshell created by background control operator (&) not displayed under pstree
13) shell - How to suspend and bring a background process to foreground
14) bash - How to run multiple background jobs in linux?
15) linux - How does bash's job control handle stopped or terminated background jobs?
16) bash - How to recover a backgrounded job from a previous shell?
17) zsh - Preventing terminal disconnection from killing a running job in zsh
18) ssh - How can I disown a running process and associate it to a new screen shell?
19) xorg - Subshell Job Clarification
20) process - Difference between process group and job?
21) bash - less stops my script; why is that and how to avoid?
22) bash - Does ` (sleep 123 &)` remove the process group from bash's job control?
23) bash - 'jobs' shows a no longer existing process as running
24) bash - Reliable way to get PID of piped background process
25) background-process - Background, zombie, daemon and without ctty - are these concepts connected?
26) process - Difference between process group and job?
27) process - What is the difference between a job and a process?
28) bash - How can I close a terminal without killing its children (without running `screen` first)?
29) linux - Can someone explain in detail what "set -m" does?
30) shell-script - Running commands after ampersand symbol & in a remote ssh session
31) linux - Bash Loop - How to stop the loop when I press Control-C inside a command?
32) bash - How can I close a terminal without killing its children (without running `screen` first)?
33) ssh - How can I disown a running process and associate it to a new screen shell?
34) ssh - How to resume a program when logged in with different session
35) gnu-screen - How to know when a job in screen finishes?
36) shell-script - Clean way to bring back background process to foreground in shell script
37) vim - How to start Vim from a trap and still be able to resume it after suspending it?
38) bash - When I run `./command.sh &`, the background task is suspended. How can I keep it running?
39) bash - ctrl c vs. ctrl z with foreground job
40) command-line - How to terminate a background process?
41) zsh - Configure zsh jobs output and fg behavior
42) shell - Behavior of directly vs indirectly backgrounded children on read
43) terminal - Concept of controlling terminal in Unix
44) bash - Why can't I use job control in a bash script?
45) job-control - why does kill work differently on job numbers than PIDs?
46) bash - How can I kill and wait for background processes to finish in a shell script when I Ctrl+C it?
47) bash - Need an "at" Command Timestamp That Runs Command Monthly at Given Day
48) shell-script - Call other process after executing a blocking process in shell
49) systemd - Verify in ExecStartPre if bash binary exists
50) shell-script - Start a background process from a script and manage it when the script ends