Found 340 results for 'operating-systems'.
1) linux - the dangers of internet forums - what is FUD, what is not
2) linux - Is CentOS a good choice from a security perspective?
3) operating-systems - What is there in an Operating System other than the kernel
4) network - Do the Linux binary blobs contain any intentional security holes?
5) linux - Drop privileges after startup or start as unprivileged user?
6) linux - Is Linux really not spying on us?
7) windows - Child processes vs microservices for communication between components
8) shell - What does an operating system look like without a shell?
9) operating-systems - Linux command logging?
10) operating-systems - Secure mount options + partitioning on Ubuntu
11) memory - The "memory available" that an Operating System tells child processes
12) operating-systems - Does an operating system itself take up resources (aside from the space it is installed on)?
13) boot - Does Operating System modify BIOS in any way?
14) memory - Will applications running in root mode be able to overwrite OS's or other program's memory section?
15) operating-systems - What part of Docker image defines its Operating System?
16) attacks - How to gain a shell?
17) operating-systems - Is dual-booting an OS more or less secure than running a virtual machine?
18) mobile - Why doesn't Google publish Android firmware images with lots of drivers, which will work on lots of devices?
19) passwords - Should operating system passwords be complex if full disk encryption is used that has a complex passphrase?
20) windows - Can you extract memory contents from a hibernated Windows machine?
21) windows - How secure are iPhone/Android/Windows 8 "PIN"/Pattern Lock features?
22) linux - How to disable Firewire in OpenBSD/Linux to prevent attacks through Firewire?
23) passwords - Are passwords stored in memory safe?
24) operating-systems - Can Windows malware harm a Linux computer when it's executed with Wine?
25) windows - Can you create a fake (malicious) Ubuntu iso
26) operating-systems - Given SSH access, what should I do to protect a server and monitor (dangerous) user actions?
27) operating-systems - Browsing on a USB OS (Linux) safe from malware?
28) cryptography - OS with encrypted RAM?
29) windows - Are file permissions set in Unix/Linux effective in Windows or Any other OS?
30) operating-systems - Should the requirement of admin privileges be extended?
31) operating-systems - Do any non-GNU/Linux display managers provide the same isolation as Wayland?
32) network - Why shouldn't I run other applications on a Firewall?
33) antivirus - Mac OS X vulnerabilities and not having the need for an antivirus?
34) appsec - What is preventing the widespread common use of MAC-type systems?
35) exploit - Switching operating systems for security
36) operating-systems - Wiping a computer of personal information while keeping the operating system intact
37) operating-systems - OS fingerprinting protection - why not by default?
38) operating-systems - How does UEFI Secure Boot prevent "evil twin" spoofing attacks?
39) linux - Can I use Qubes through a VM without compromising its security?
40) encryption - Hardware encrypted external HDDs
41) operating-systems - Recommend Keylogger for Ubuntu
42) operating-systems - What is protection ring -1?
43) ubuntu - OS choice between: Debian, gNewSense, and OpenSolaris
44) linux - What is the relationship between Unix, Linux, Ubuntu, Debian and Android?
45) windows - What is the shell exactly when using Cmder on Windows?
46) linux - Where are Page tables stored
47) passwords - Retrieving OSx Keychain passwords
48) passwords - When running shell scripts, is it safer to pass sensitive information using stdin or as a string option?
49) operating-systems - Risk of infecting the host OS if the guest OS is out of date
50) operating-systems - Are the Trends of Type II Hypervisors and Newer Applications a Security Issue?