Found 221 results for 'posix'.
1) shell - Protected environment variables?
2) shell - does PATH search include symlinks?
3) shell - Is it shell portable to run a command on the same line after variable assignment?
4) bash - Is a sub-shell the same thing as a child-shell
5) process - Does a process’s parent have any significance from the perspective of its child?
6) shell - Why is the behavior of the `#!` syntax unspecified by POSIX?
7) ubuntu - Why does SIGINT not terminate a stopped process?
8) bash - How can I check if a directory exists in a Bash shell script?
9) linux - How do I prompt for Yes/No/Cancel input in a Linux shell script?
10) bash - How do I set a variable to the output of a command in Bash?
11) bash - How to echo shell commands as they are executed
12) bash - What is the difference between double and single square brackets in bash?
13) shell - What is the difference between /etc/environment and /etc/profile?
14) linux - What's the difference between SIGKILL and SIGSTOP?
15) osx-snow-leopard - Differences between /usr/bin/login and /usr/bin/bash
16) linux - Why is it not recommended to set the default shell of the root user to a non-POSIX shell?
17) linux - Executable can't find correct files when called via symbolic link
18) shell - keep duplicates out of $PATH on source
19) bash - checkbashisms-compliant way to determine the current shell
20) shell - What's the POSIX specification on behavior of built-in commands with redirections and/or piping?
21) posix - What happens to a unix session when the session leader exits?
22) process - How does the fork system call work?
23) shell - What is the portable (POSIX) way to achieve process substitution?
24) shell - indirect variable expansion in POSIX as done in bash?
25) shell - Why does a brace command group need spaces after the opening brace in POSIX Shell Grammar?
26) shell - Is `var=value builtin` the same as `var=value; builtin`?
27) bash - Is a sub-shell the same thing as a child-shell
28) linux - What is the meaning of "POSIX"?
29) bash - How can I check if a directory exists in a Bash shell script?
30) shell-script - Why doesn't the last function executed in a POSIX shell script pipeline retain variable values?
31) shell-script - Set comparator with variables within a variable, then have shell expand those variables each time it's echo'd
32) shell - POSIX shell scripts shebang #!/bin/sh vs #!/usr/bin/env sh, any difference?
33) bash - Differences between declared, defined, and set
34) bash - Is there a command line tool to manage unix signals?
35) pipe - Is this tail behavior in Grouping Commands specified by POSIX?
36) find - Limit POSIX find to specific depth?
37) shell - Is the behavior of escaping special characters inside double-quotes in mainstream POSIX-compliant shells at odds with POSIX?
38) bash - Bash compare a command output to string
39) bash - How to echo shell commands as they are executed
40) bash - dot (.) or source behavior in bash when POSIX mode set (OS X)
41) bash - How to understand the definition of a simple command?
42) environment-variables - GNU Make exports macro as environment variable only when it's already present
43) linux - less is more? Is more less? I'm so confused
44) shell-script - What is the best method to test if a program exists for a shell script?
45) command-line - Difference between /usr/bin/login and /usr/bin/bash
46) bash - How can function definition be part of pipe sequence in POSIX shell grammar?
47) shell - How do I tell what type my shell is
48) distribution-choice - A minimal POSIX conformant operating system
49) bash - bash regex extract key = value
50) posix - Does POSIX mention cc or only c99?