Found 78 results for 'preimage-resistance'.
1) hash - Did NIST verify “post-quantum” claims in the SHA3 proposal papers?
2) hash - What gives SHA-256 its preimage resistance?
3) hash - Security implications of slow-by-design hashes on relative security vs. hash size
4) hash - Can iterated hashing be used to mitigate collision and preimage weaknesses?
5) brute-force-attack - SHA-256: (Probabilistic?) partial preimage possible?
6) cryptanalysis - If you wrote a reversible SHA-256 algorithm, how many "metadata" bits would be required for reversability?
7) hash - Hashing based on the discrete logarithm problem
8) hash - Computational requirements for breaking SHA-256?
9) hash - Is finding collisions in a part-hash not often enough a bad problem?
10) hash - Would it matter if my miner was hashing random vs incremental values?
11) hash - Why can't I reverse a hash to a possible input?
12) hash - What are preimage resistance and collision resistance, and how can the lack thereof be exploited?
13) hash - Could we break MD5 entirely in the future?
14) hash - Does absence of second pre-image resistance infer absence of pre-image resistance?
15) hash - Why does second pre-image resistance imply pre-image resistance
16) hash - Signature and hash function properties
17) hash - Why do different applications of hash functions demand different properties of the hash function?
18) hash - Would finding a Merkle-Damgård preimage that doesn't change the initial state allow an attacker to prepend it to any hashed message?
19) hash - What is the general justification for the hardness of finding preimages for cryptographic hash functions?
20) brute-force-attack - How to get a speedup linear in the number of iterations on unsalted iterated password hashing?
21) hash - Why doesn't preimage resistance imply the second preimage resistance?
22) hash - Preimage attack on sum of two Hash functions modulo 2
23) collision-resistance - hash functions preimage and second collision resistance
24) hash - Cryptographic hash function based on logistic map?
25) hash - Finding partial pre-image of MD5 hash
26) hash - Are My Answers to This Hash Question Correct?
27) hash - Why can't hashes be reversed with toffoli gates?
28) hash - SHA3-255, one bit less
29) block-cipher - What if using a block cipher as compression function in Merkle–Damgård?
30) hash - Good pre-image resistance value for hash visualization
31) hash - First preimage resistance check
32) hash - Does including the size of the hashed data improve security over just the hash
33) hash - Attack MD5 with limited input and partial information
34) hash - Application of cryptographic hash functions which do not require collision resistance property
35) hash - Practicality of a certain hash function
36) hash - Given a 128-trit state space, is a 3-symbol block cellular automaton secure against preimage attacks?
37) hash - Is SHA-256 safe when used in this way?
38) sha-1 - Does this proof sketch show that finding a SHA-1 preimage is NP-hard?
39) hmac - How does a preimage attack on MD5 break the security of HMAC-MD5?
40) sha-256 - Preimage attack given half of the preimage
41) hash - Are there any known values for common hashes known to have no preimage
42) hash - What are the “costs” to find a pre-image, weak collision, or strong collision?
43) hash - Is it possible to find a preimage for a reduced size hash?
44) hash - Hash paradox in an image file that contain hash text?
45) hash - Pre-image attack on non-cryptographic hash functions
46) hash - Does a break in a collision resistance property of a hash function by definition implies an attack at the first pre-image attack?
47) hash - Hash Function to get same value for different messages
48) hash - Do well-known hash functions have any "impossible" output values?
49) hash - Difficulty of collision vs preimage vs second-preimage attacks
50) md5 - Speeding up partially known plaintext preimage recovery attack on MD5