Found 4561 results for 'shell'.
1) shell - If processes inherit the parent's environment, why do we need export?
2) shell - How can I preserve an environment variable across su -?
3) bash - Single command to login to SSH and run program?
4) bash - Why does `source foo && true` exit the script in bash?
5) shell-script - What does env_variable=value && command exactly do
6) bash - Example of subshell without child-shell process
7) shell - Auto export a variable in every ssh session
8) bash - How can I make environment variables "exported" in a shell script stick around?
9) bash - Why does FOO=bar; export the variable into my environment
10) bash - Which shell interpreter runs a script with no shebang?
11) bash - How do I reliably convert /proc/pid/environ to arguments for the env command?
12) shell - Protected environment variables?
13) linux - Why can't I print a variable I can see in the output of env?
14) bash - Why doesn't strace report that the parent shell fork() a child process before execve() a command?
15) shell - Why is SIGINT not propagated to child process when sent to its parent process?
16) bash - What does 'source' do?
17) linux - How to set environment variables on server/client?
18) shell - How to use source command in shell script?
19) linux - How do I identify shell script execution vs dot execution
20) bash - Pass all variables from one shell script to another?
21) linux - Defining a variable with or without export
22) shell - Global environment variables in a shell script
23) bash - Can a shell script set environment variables of the calling shell?
24) linux - How to access env variables defined in root from another user?
25) linux - Is there a way to change the environment variables of another process in Unix?
26) bash - Running detached screen session but without termination in the same bash
27) linux - How can I recursively find all files in current and subfolders based on wildcard matching?
28) linux - Attaching to a screen session on boot
29) bash - Custom bash 'context' when running from FISH
30) linux - Why do we have login, non-login, interactive, and non-interactive bash shells?
31) linux - Ignore variables from another shell
32) linux - bash automatically executing a tool-specific configuration file on login
33) linux - What is the scope of "exported" in Unix shell variables?
34) shell - What's the difference between /sbin/nologin and /bin/false
35) linux - All shell scripts dropping back to command line
36) linux - Bash Prompt Below Output - Background Log Tail
37) ubuntu - TAB completion not working in ubuntu hardy heron
38) linux - Why do people source bash_profile from bashrc instead of the other way round?
39) bash - gVim does not source .bashrc, .bash_profile, or .profile from non-interactive non-login shell
40) bash - Bash shell: how to reconcile portable configuration files and GUI terminal start-up types (login or interactive)?
41) terminal - What is the difference between shell, console, and terminal?
42) unix - What is the difference between bash and sh?
43) linux - Why does my .bashrc get read when I run noninteractive commands over ssh
44) bash - iTerm2 + oh-my-bash: iTerm2 shell-integration not working
45) linux - how to know which SHELL is currently running?
46) shell - does PATH search include symlinks?
47) macos - How do I investigate commands being run when changing directories?
48) linux - Bash on MacOS doesn't seem to store history?
49) linux - How can I both use and modify the history inside a bash script?
50) bash - Custom bash client history overlap