Found 209 results for 'signals'.
1) shell - Why is SIGINT not propagated to child process when sent to its parent process?
2) process - How does a parent process know the process IDs of the child processes it started?
3) shell - Does a fork child process of a shell in bg receive SIGSTOP signals from parent?
4) bash - Clarification for Bash documentation on disown builtin option -h
5) bash - Bash script is not terminated with Ctrl+C
6) bash - Why can't I kill a timeout called from a Bash script with a keystroke?
7) bash - Why is a zombie waiting for its child?
8) linux - What happends when sending SIGKILL to a Zombie Process in Linux?
9) bash - Execute command or function when SIGINT or SIGTERM is send to the parent script itself, not the child processes
10) linux - Can a Linux-process intercept signals sent to its child?
11) bash - How come `while true; do echo y; done | true` dies on its own, but `while true; do echo y | cat; done | true` doesn't?
12) shell - Ctrl+C process termination without Terminal killing
13) ubuntu - Why does SIGINT not terminate a stopped process?
14) linux - Can Ctrl+C send the SIGINT signal to multiple processes?
15) linux - Do background processes get a SIGHUP when logging off?
16) linux - What's the best way to send a signal to all members of a process group?
17) ssh - Ctrl-C handling in SSH session
18) command-line - Do not set $? to non-zero on Control+C
19) bash - How to signal a trap in "global" bash scope from function?
20) shell - Keep exit codes when trapping SIGINT and similar?
21) kill - How Can Terminal Emulators Kill Their Children After Recieving a SIGKILL?
22) signals - Why should fork() have been designed to return a file descriptor?
23) linux - Process continues to run after receiving uncaught SIGINT (Ctrl-C from terminal)
24) shell - How does a Segmentation Fault work under-the-hood?
25) shell-script - Starting an interactive shell as an asynchronous process (signal delivery)
26) shell - What should interactive shells do in orphaned process groups?
27) python - How to stop SIGINT being passed to subprocess in python?
28) bash - kill parent and child because endless loop
29) linux - Is there a way to configure the Linux OOM killer to kill the parent instead of child process?
30) terminal - Control characters are not displayed in my terminal (e.g., when I press "^C")
31) bash - When typing ctrl-c in a terminal, why isn't the foreground job terminated until it completes?
32) bash - Signal lost for Bash background process
33) bash - Is there a command line tool to manage unix signals?
34) bash - Why does bash exit immediately when waiting for a command to complete and receives SIGHUP for which a trap has been set?
35) linux - What does bash do when it receives the SIGINT signal?
36) bash - Are EXIT, DEBUG, RETURN, and ERR signals?
37) linux - How can we set up a signal trap to be SIG_IGN and SIG_DFL in bash?
38) ssh - In which cases is SIGHUP not sent to a job when you log out?
39) command-line - Processes do not respond to my signals
40) signals - Why do strace and ltrace cause EINTR to happen?
41) process - How does systemd survive a kill -9?
42) linux - Ctrl + C not working on single user mode on Linux
43) shell - When terminal emulator exits, why does shell also exits?
44) ubuntu - Ctrl+C does not work in gnome-terminal
45) shell-script - Killing other user processes
46) bash - Why script that kill itself using a signal handler produce segmentation fault?
47) bash - Can `kill` in bash send a signal only to a single process whose process group has other process(es)?
48) bash - less stops my script; why is that and how to avoid?
49) linux - What is the real reason why nohup ./a.out dies when SSH session times out?
50) linux - Does this dispatcher produce zombie process?