Found 74 results for 'special-characters'.
1) terminal - Control characters are not displayed in my terminal (e.g., when I press "^C")
2) bash - for name in `ls` and filenames with spaces
3) firefox - Searching for literal characters with Firefox’ find feature
4) linux - Command works locally but returns "event not found" when invoked with ssh
5) linux - Tar cf cannot archive files with a colon in their name
6) special-characters - Is the "tick" or "acute accent" character ´ (not `) used for anything in Linux shell?
7) shell - What is the ` character or symbol called and what is its significance outside of SE code formatting?
8) linux - bash: how to pass command line arguments containing special characters
9) history - Why is the circumflex/caret character used as a symbol for Ctrl?
10) command-line - How to use commands on files inside directories starting with a special character?
11) shell - sh and grep numbers only
12) unix - grep for special characters in Unix
13) windows-7 - How to type Czech characters on Windows 7 using CS language with US International Keyboard input mode
14) bash - Shell eating `?` characters
15) terminal - Can I make characters uncopyable in a terminal emulator?
16) bash - How to interpret ' character in a string passed through SSH
17) c - The "backspace" escape character '\b': unexpected behavior?
18) bash - Best practice to read password, containing special characters like $!@`', into Bash script
19) shell-script - Ignore special characters in comparison in shell script
20) command-line - ¿BUG? can not create file with '=' via command line ECHO and COPY CON
21) security - Is Vim immune to copy-paste attack?
22) python - Python: "@" followed by a function -> What does it stand for?
23) security - How to avoid escape sequence attacks in terminals?
24) firefox - Firefox Awesomebar first character?
25) bash - BASH and Carriage Return Behavior
26) tar - What characters TAR doesn't like?
27) bash - Different behavior using tab completion from executing `ls`
28) ssh - Special Characters in Username for SSH not passing to remote device
29) bash - Which characters need to be escaped when using Bash?
30) shell - Help Shell script to pass variables to rsync
31) keyboard - How do I write special characters without AltGr key?
32) special-characters - how to escape # in my expect scipt while calling password from another file
33) filenames - How can I delete a file which filename has non-printing characters
34) grep - Grep: unexpected results when searching for words in heading from man page
35) python - Quote POSIX shell special characters in Python output
36) unicode - Why do English characters require fewer bytes to represent than other alphabets?
37) bash - Allowing punctuation characters in directory and file names in bash
38) regular-expression - csplit not obeying backslash r \r as carriage return
39) windows - How to convert Windows filenames (from a checksums.md5) to *nix notation so I can use it on my shell with md5sum?
40) character-encoding - The text contains characters that cannot be saved in the current encoding. Possibility wanted to highlight those
41) bash - Representing/quoting NUL on the command line
42) bash - Deal with nbsp character in shell
43) bash - How to add a line break inside a bash string?
44) ssh - Copy sql file over ssh with accents
45) html - HTML for the Pause symbol in audio and video control
46) shell - TTY control characters sent to stdin of sh doesn't work
47) shell - Meaning of $? (dollar question mark) in shell scripts
48) windows - How can I find the Alt KeyCode for a glyph with the Windows system tools?
49) keyboard - Italian keyboard: entering tilde (~) and backtick (`) characters without changing keyboard layout
50) bash - How do I find information on bash special parameters ($* $@ $# $? $- $$ $! $0 $_)?