Found 877 results for 'terminology'.
1) shell - What is the correct name for the ">" command
2) shell - What is the exact difference between a 'terminal', a 'shell', a 'tty' and a 'console'?
3) laptop - What is the correct term for the mouse pointer/nipple/joystick thingy in the middle of a laptop's keyboard?
4) command-line - What's the difference between a console, terminal and command-line?
5) linux - What is the difference between terminal and bash?
6) terminology - Commonly Used Acronyms by Database Administrators
7) stream-cipher - How distinct are the meanings of the terms "CSPRNG," "DRBG" and "stream cipher"?
8) provable-security - What do the signature security abbreviations like EUF-CMA mean?
9) terminology - What is Attribute Based Encryption?
10) shell - Why a "login" shell over a "non-login" shell?
11) discrete-logarithm - Why was the term "discrete" used in discrete logarithm?
12) postgresql - In PostgreSQL, what is the difference between a "Stored Procedure" and other types of functions?
13) postgresql - PostgreSQL: Immutable, Volatile, Stable
14) linux - What is the meaning of "POSIX"?
15) finite-field - The definition and origin of Schnorr groups?
16) brute-force - Terminology for reduced brute-force attack?
17) frameworks - What is the difference between a framework and a library?
18) oop - What's the difference between a method and a function?
19) parameters - What's the difference between an argument and a parameter?
20) reference-request - A general definition for cryptocurrencies
21) tls - What are the differences between .pem, .csr, .key, .crt and other such file extensions?
22) tls - What are the differences between .pem, .csr, .key, .crt and other such file extensions?
23) authentication - What is “Implicit Authentication”?
24) hash - Why are processes requiring (almost) as much work as brute force considered an "attack" on a hash function?
25) terminology - What is a rootkit?
26) terminology - In "Lecture Notes on Cryptography" what does "PTM" mean?
27) random-number-generator - When is an RNG a CSPRNG, a CSRNG, or a TRNG?
28) randomness - What is the difference between CSPRNG and PRNG?
29) pseudo-random-generator - Why is ISAAC not a pseudo random number generator?
30) one-time-pad - In laymans terms, what exactly is a "One time pad"?
31) cryptanalysis - Kerckhoffs’ principles – Why should I make my cipher public?
32) provable-security - What does "Worst-case hardness" mean in lattice-based cryptography?
33) randomness - How exactly is "true randomness" defined in the realms of cryptography?
34) terminology - What does it mean to "burn a zero-day"?
35) diffie-hellman - How should one refer to the smallest remainders generated by a modulus within DH or DLP?
36) provable-security - Easy explanation of "IND-" security notions?
37) hardware - What are the differences between HSM and SE?
38) public-key - Difference between Verification and Public Key for Signature Schemes
39) rsa - Definition of textbook RSA
40) provable-security - What does “simulator” and “interactive” mean in a cryptographic credential system's definition of security?
41) terminology - What does the term "asymptotic security" mean?
42) cryptanalysis - What does "adaptively secure" mean?
43) rsa - What is “Fast Prime”?
44) key-exchange - What is a fair exchange scheme?
45) encryption - What is the term to describe the combination of ciphertext, IV and authentication tag?
46) keys - Differences between the terms "pre-master secret", "master secret", "private key", and "shared secret"?
47) terminology - What does it mean to be "sound"?
48) elliptic-curves - What does "birational equivalence" mean in a cryptographic context?
49) web-application - Is this considered DOM-XSS or self-XSS or both?
50) public-key - What is the difference between "asymmetric key cryptosystem" "asymmetric cryptography" terminology?