Found 96 results for 'theory'.
1) multithreading - Difference between user-level and kernel-supported threads?
2) authentication - Why not store password in cookie?
3) cryptography - How valuable is secrecy of an algorithm?
4) salt - Does this theoretical salted-hash-sleep scheme mitigate timing attacks?
5) c++ - Why are C++ inline functions in the header?
6) c++ - Why aren't (C++) virtual destructors enforced for a base class
7) encryption - Will double encryption increase the security of cipher vs bruteforce?
8) cryptography - Amount of simple operations that is safely out of reach for all humanity?
9) code-reviews - What is the purpose of a Code Review
10) database-design - Academic question about table design
11) design - Why not expose a primary key
12) testing - If functional testing is referred as black box..how can it be done on unit test level?
13) php - Which would be a better way to load data via ajax
14) ssh - Is an SSH key with a passphrase a 2FA?
15) theory - Are a class's methods a type of closure?
16) programming-practices - How to recover from finite-state-machine breakdown?
17) linux - Do `sudo` and `su` belong to capability-based security?
18) theory - How does the "Fourth Dimension" work with arrays?
19) passwords - Is this password inside a file secure? A security paradox
20) c# - "const correctness" in C#
21) programming-languages - What negative consequences can arise from this language design rule?
22) c++ - operator overloading VS template function
23) architecture - Understanding the DIP, DI, IoC theory
24) testing - Is Exploratory testing Context Driven testing?
25) algorithms - Why is the "period of a (pseudo)random number generator" important?
26) database-design - soft delete common attributes with regards to cascade recovery
27) database-design - How to support restoring complex dependencies in a rdb
28) c# - "const correctness" in C#
29) testing - Verfication vs validation again, does testing belong to verification? If so, which?
30) c - Referential Transparency by using Zero References?
31) theory - Exclusive upper bound in random number range
32) testing - Functional testing in the verification
33) programming-languages - How can I make sure that I'm actually learning how to program rather than simply learning the details of a language?
34) testing - Is context-driven testing suitable for all projects?
35) algorithms - Operating systems theory -- using minimum number of semaphores
36) testing - Negative test cases confusion
37) email - Are non-English speakers better protected from (international) phishing?
38) passwords - Are there some good papers (or discussions) on using Markov chains or Hidden Markov Models for password auditing/cracking?
39) access-control - Is it correct to consider audits as exclusively "detective" in nature?
40) passwords - Theoretical - Password salting with concatenation vs. salting with HMAC
41) theory - Subsumption architecture vs. perceptual control theory
42) testing - Pairwise testing, not possible to say which combinations is faulty?
43) algorithms - Algorithm refresher. Why is heapsort an insort algorithm?
44) algorithms - Why would I care about the asymptotic growth of the lower bound of the worst case time/space?
45) programming-languages - Why do programming languages have both double and float?
46) access-control - Safety in Access Control Matrix and Take-Grant Model
47) oop - What is the use of reflection in Java/C# etc
48) language-design - Banning zero-argument functions -- what problems could it cause in a hypothetical language?
49) programming-practices - Does only the concept of mathematical functions justify why methods need only to return one value
50) testing - bug: deviation from requirements vs deviation from expectations