Found 44 results for 'type-casting'.
1) object-oriented - How to avoid cascading dynamic casts?
2) c# - Would a "downcast if block" be a reasonable language feature?
3) java - Is it okay to have objects that cast themselves, even if it pollutes the API of their subclasses?
4) c++ - Proper design to avoid the use of dynamic_cast?
5) java - How to avoid downcasting?
6) c++ - Primitive type conversion in computer graphics
7) c# - Should I return true in a method that casts null from one object type to another?
8) java - Type parameterized methods to avoid casting
9) c# - When it makes sense to implement C# explicit operator?
10) design-patterns - Avoiding downcasting in PHP
11) c# - Having an inherited function return the derived type instead of the base type
12) java - Is it a good practice to use suppress warnings in your code?
13) inheritance - A vector of pointers to different derived classes of the same base class
14) c++ - c style casts or c++ style casts
15) ruby - Why doesn't Ruby have implicit conversion of Fixnum into String?
16) object-oriented - Are Data defined into derived class saved when up-casting?
17) java - OOD: Java inheritance and access to child methods via casting
18) compiler - Is there a name for infered strong typing?
19) java - Question about casting a class in Java with generics
20) data-structures - Casting a nullary data constructor between types
21) java - "One of some"-type
22) c# - Making type conversions better readable
23) terminology - What is casting supposed to mean?
24) java - implement cons function in Java - type safety question
25) object-oriented-design - Ignoring the generic part of a type while an object is being passed
26) java - Java default Integer value is int
27) c++ - Should I cast comparisons to NULL or nullptr?
28) php - Type casting variables in PHP, what is the practical reason for doing this?
29) python - Using methods specific to a subclass
30) c - What is the motivation for casting a pointer into a integer?
31) ruby - Type Conversions in a dynamically typed language - Where should the conversion happen?
32) c++ - Constructor vs casting operator
33) concepts - Is there a difference between casting and converting types in imperative programming languages?
34) c++ - Can I use C-style casts when calling C functions from C++?
35) php - Loose typing not applied to objects
36) api - Is it possible to avoid abstraction inversion in this scenario?
37) c# - Is my usage of explicit casting operator reasonable or a bad hack?
38) c# - Is there any technical reason to be concerned with casting speed?
39) interfaces - How to avoid the continuous downcasting in this case?
40) c# - Alternatives to type casting in your domain
41) java - Polymorphism case study - Design pattern for morphing?
42) architecture - What is easiest to maintain when implementing different functionality for each subclass? Downcasting, Reflection or Polymorphism?
43) c# - Reuse base() constructor argument in this() constructor
44) java - Using Enum to represent VehicleType in cab Booking system