Found 103 results for 'virtual-memory'.
1) linux - Does Linux kernel use DEP for kernel memory?
2) memory - The "memory available" that an Operating System tells child processes
3) linux - Getting information about a process' memory usage from /proc/pid/smaps
4) process - Can a program trap on memory access to certain regions of process memory?
5) windows - Is the Windows paging file safe in the encrypted partition?
6) memory - Sudden burst in free memory
7) linux - GNU/Linux swapping blocks system
8) linux - Does a page table itself have a virtual address?
9) linux - Caching/preloading files on Linux into RAM
10) swap - Is turning off swap a good idea when a system has available RAM and swap being used?
11) cache - how does the virtual memory and page cache work?
12) process - pmap and memory usage
13) linux - NAND flash memory wear & virtual memory page swap
14) io - Accessing Memory Mapped I/O is slow
15) linux-kernel - Why did powering down my machine after a bad `rm` save my files?
16) linux - Is copy-on-write not implemented based on page fault?
17) linux - How does the Linux kernel arrange the Page tables when running 32-bit code in x86_64 Long mode?
18) linux - 1GB huge page - Is writing occurring in 1GB chunks?
19) linux - On Linux (CentOS 7.2), why does ulimit -m not appear to restrict memory usage?
20) kernel - Is the MMU inside of Unix/Linux kernel? or just in a hardware device with its own memory?
21) solaris - Why do I get swap space related errors when I still have lots of free memory in Solaris 10?
22) virtual-memory - Understanding how internal fragmentation occurs in systems using only paging with huge page size
23) linux - How to use SLAB memory allocation instead of SLUB allocation in Linux kernel?
24) kernel - How does the kernel address swapped memory pages on swap partition\file?
25) linux-kernel - how brk pointer grow after calling malloc
26) linux - How does memory mapping a file have significant performance increases over the standard I/O system calls?
27) ubuntu - private memory calculated by pmap, a combination of virtual memory size and resident memory size?
28) linux - How often is PSS value updated for a given process in /proc/pid/smaps
29) kernel - Misleading explanation of Virtual Memory in TLDP
30) virtual-memory - How many page faults does this program need?
31) x86 - How does x86 paging work?
32) linux - What is the purpose of seemingly unusable memory mappings in linux?
33) kernel - Are .text sections shared between loaded ELF executables?
34) linux - Out of memory, but swap available
35) x86 - When to do or not do INVLPG, MOV to CR3 to minimize TLB flushing
36) linux - How do I forbid access to physical memory in Linux?
37) linux - What am I seeing in htop on Linux?
38) linux - Does a pager move or copy a page when handling a page fault?
39) linux - Where is page table stored in Linux?
40) windows-xp - Why is my browser using so much memory?
41) memory - Actual memory usage of a process
42) linux - Memory Management: Faulting virtual addresses
43) c# - RAM usage limit for .NET applications on Windows Server 2012?
44) performance - Make JVM use Virtual Memory only after using 1GB of RAM
45) assembly - Why in x86-64 the virtual address are 4 bits shorter than physical (48 bits vs. 52 long)?
46) linux - What are the specific column headers for the "Mem-Info" dump after "oom-killer"
47) linux - How do I tell what process is causing kswapd to be in use?
48) sql-server-2008 - How do I find the root cause of Memory pressure failure on an SQL server 2008?
49) linux - How is linux kernel's fix-mapping implemented?
50) operating-systems - Ring 1 and Ring 2 Memory Protection Architecture